Spencer House

Spencer House garden is among the grandest surviving aristocratic town gardens in Central London. The half-acre pleasure ground, which lies at the southwest corner of Green Park, and is only a stone’s throw from Buckingham Palace, was laid out from 1795 by Lavinia Countess Spencer in collaboration with the architect Henry Holland. In the early 1990s we recast the gardens for Lord Rothschild and the Rothschild Investment Trust (the present owners of the house). The new gardens evoke the layout of the original late c18th garden, and are a handsome complement to the princely premises they adorn.